Old 8 Jan 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1809675)   #15
meb
Rookie

United States
Wappinger Falls, New York
meb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikesrule
Hi Lukin re load transfer. It works just like I said at the track. Got the dust collectors to prove it. How much load if measured doesn't mean much to me. It's the ability to change / adapt the car to the changing conditions to keep the car at it's peak. I think we are talking about the same thing in a different language. If I lower the r/c the c of g rolls over the lower r/c easier. K.I.S.S works for me....trikes

Yes, the last sentence feels intuitively correct to me. But, something Lukin wrote is new to me; a car will roll more with a lowered roll center - all other things equal - but the load or weight transfer (what unit of measurement, pounds?) will be reduced...and perhaps proportioned a bit better between the inside and outside tires. The second part is new to me, but helsp me to understand the intricate dynamics at work.

So then, if weight transfers more readily - rolls over the RC - but is distributed more qeaully between the inside and outside tire, what linds of decisions should one begin to make with regard to spring rates? And part of my goal is to increase track by 15mm per side up front and 10mm per side in the rear.

Thanks for your help, this is great stuff!