View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3797224)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
What has this to do with F1?
F1 is way down on the list.
makes you wonder if f1 needs some sort of a big race, doesn't it?

i can only think of the monaco gp, but unlike anything else it's because of what happens around the race, not the actual race itself.

i'd have to say le mans 24hrs, indy 500, and the macau gp.

the monte carlo rally is a big one, but they change the stages too often and start in a crappy bit so it's hard to really say it's a proper institution. dakar is probably close, but the modern day race is a bit of a way from the legend that it's built on. i'm not sure the bol d'or is as mega as le mans, and pikes peak is serious business but also not really serious business at the same time. the iom tt is pretty close though....

interesting question. especially when most of the answers it prompts don't actually include a f1 race....