View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1750900)   #47
ART Racing
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba, QLD
ART Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MA61s

"i had been told that win percy used to drive my car before barry did.

have you restored your car in to its former works colours ???"

Adam, I believe the second car was scrapped and (assuming your car is RHD) I believe your car is therefore the third circuit car. Mind you, all I have to make me think that is an interview I saw with Barry later, he made it sound like the third car was a new one.

No, my car is not in the works colours. Group A is an historic category here, and we have to have the cars in the exact mechanical spec and livery for a particular race meeting. My car has been rebuilt in its 1987 Australian colour scheme, to take advantage of the later homologations which continued until Aug 1986. It received lightweight suspension and bigger front brakes in that homologation, which are on my car. It also received a different fuel injection system in 1985 and other goodies. I could take it back to 1983 spec as I have the parts still, but it would lose 50hp and gain heavier suspension etc, and I would have to take the flares off it which means new front guards and quarters, and none of the L type panels are available here (all Supras sold here were P types). Given that it never raced here in those works colours, I am better off keeping it in its 1986 or 87 colour schemes.

John