View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1751929)   #54
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ART Racing
"i had been told that win percy used to drive my car before barry did.

have you restored your car in to its former works colours ???"

Adam, I believe the second car was scrapped and (assuming your car is RHD) I believe your car is therefore the third circuit car. Mind you, all I have to make me think that is an interview I saw with Barry later, he made it sound like the third car was a new one.

No, my car is not in the works colours. Group A is an historic category here, and we have to have the cars in the exact mechanical spec and livery for a particular race meeting. My car has been rebuilt in its 1987 Australian colour scheme, to take advantage of the later homologations which continued until Aug 1986..... Given that it never raced here in those works colours, I am better off keeping it in its 1986 or 87 colour schemes.

John
So it's in the white colour scheme, as seen when Williamson DNQ'd at Bathurst 87?

slightly off-topic, but I hadn't realised that historic racing in Australia was so strict on original liveries and specs- it would be interesting to see the effect of applying the same approach over here in Europe....