View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1752414)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Joking aside I am trying to renovate a piece of American race history, one of the original Penske IROC tubular spaceframe Camaros from the 70's and I have unfortunately found it was run in an inciped shade of light beige like a Ford Camel Beige from the 70's. Now much as I would like to paint it black as the one in the Talladaga Museum or Red/orange as the one renovated by the IROC people and the same colour as raced by Dale Earhardt I am going to have to restore it to its original shade of light beige as each of the 15 cars were a specific colour for identification purposes and I'd have a Havoc Video with my car being driven by Al Unser including in car shots so thats the way it will have to be. Plus all the Z/28 decals, the Firestone stickers, Sunoco 66 stickers, drivers name (who ever I decide as it has been driven by many, Al Unser sounds good though or Buddy Baker as he was the last to drive it in an IROC race) as above all it must be authentic.

I sprayed my early 70's Camaro yellow but was contemplating doing in the Castrol colours as raced by Frank Gardiner but as it only has an iron small block not an Alloy Big block I thought it would not live up to the livery and am probably right! :-)