Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3348510)   #152
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All of these (what I consider to be daft) ideas are really aimed at spicing up the show. Clearly, IMHO, those who are racing fans have absolutely no interest in DRS, lifed tyres, KERs (other than the technical aspect), double points for wearing orange underpants in Friday practice 1 etc.

If the FIA took away all the gimmicks I bet Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Montreal, Monaco and possibly Budapest, would still be sold out. These gimmicks are there, not to make the racing more interesting, but to make the event more viewer friendly thereby appeasing Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Singapore etc.

In other words it may be time for the real fans to vote with their feet. Formula 1 motor sport is dead.