View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3952270)   #38
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post

Then 4 stroke technology entered into the snowmobile and motocross market. Everyone thought they were uncompetitive and heavy. They didn't fare very well on the race track at first, but now 4 strokes dominate the scene on the motocross track and certain sled tracks (sans snowcross).

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Certainly in bike racing the 2-stokes were legislated out on the basis of their pollution. It was nothing to do with competitiveness.

Everyone is talking about old tech, do you really think F1 teams would be sitting still? After all, if 20 years ago you'd been told that Mercedes would be producing (in round figures) 1000bhp from a Toyota Prius you wouldn't have believed it.

I'm sure 2-stroke's best days are in front of us. Small and light, if you can get power from less space and weight that's got to be a win/win.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk