View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2020, 23:18 (Ref:3952370)   #39
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah when the two strokes were on the outs because of emissions, the twos and 4's were racing together and the 4 strokers were hitting the finish line first after a while (at least around here).

Lighter and faster is always better in reference to sleds and motocross bikes especially in situations where you need to man handle them (mountain riding with sleds, motocross tracks).

Don't F1 cars need to be a minimum weight? If the rules changed to make the car shed a substantial amount of weight then a two stroke engine can be an option?

I seem to recall comparing the specs on a Yamaha outboard (let's say 150hp) to the BRP e-tec 150 hp two stroke and Yamaha claimed it to be the same. I personally prefer the Yamahas over the two strokes because they are much quieter, no need to add injection oil all the time and more reliable. We blew up two etecs on our boat.

I can only assume a two stroke would be great in an F1 car when F1 engineers would get their fingers and brains into designing them.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk