Thread: CSCC THRUXTON
View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3990764)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Thanks for all the sympathy - that’s racing I suppose but I am very disappointed.
I suppose I am not a “natural racer” and even under normal circumstances only race 4-8 times a year(& very rarely even do track / test days) so i do still get very nervous beforehand and there’s a lot of nervous emotion beforehand (Mrs 97 calls it pre race tension, and far worse than PMT). There’s a lot of planning and a lot of thinking it’s all through to make sure I havent forgotten anything; a lot of watching circuit videos too, and this time even a day off to go to a simulator session as I havent been to Thruxton before (the simulator made me feel sick!) and a track walk with an instructor and a test session yesterday!
I found the thought of the speed of Thruxton quite daunting but was really looking forward to it. Despite all the nerves I am usually fine once I get on with it! So, to end up only doing two laps and then spending hours chasing electrical problems (well, I provided the tea) which couldn’t be found is a massive let down.
All that nervous energy wasted.
I could have lit up Andover.
Still, I got a good nights sleep in the new (second hand) m/h. Definitely a good investment in making circuit life easier. And my neighbour, who used to buy, sell and rent the things reckons it’s gone up in value by £5k due to everyone wanting staycations!
I know what you mean about the nerves and anticipation about the build up to a race weekend, when that stopped happening to me is when I gave up racing. It got to the stage where Friday would roll up and I'd be thinking "oh yeah I've got to go racing tomorrow" and there was just no excitement about it anymore. I think you're lucky to still get those feelings and be happy all the time they are there