Thread: CMMC CADWELL
View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3991011)   #19
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed my return to Cadwell. Not been there since 2010 and it took a little while to re-familiarise myself with the circuit.

Towards the end of practice I was on a demon lap until I overcooked the run into The Gooseneck, would have expected to be higher up the grid if it wasn't for that......(number 3 in list of driver excuses)

Much better in the race and during the second half was engrossed in a battle with the Lister Jaguar of Eike Wellhausen for second overall. I did manage to get past him on the run up to Gooseneck and held him off for a while until the outright grunt of the Jaguar engine eventually succeeded. Goliath beat David on this occasion.

Speaking with him afterwards, he was running a new engine which was clearly not fully on-song as he should have disappeared into the distance (excuse no. 7). But we had a little reminisce as I remember racing against him in the 1980s with the same car (the Lister that is - I was in an XK).

The winning XJS of Nick Strong was on a difference planet and simply led from lights to flag.

This was in fact a combined grid of two races and I was pleasantly surprised when I sent my wife off to see if I was eligible for a trophy for 3rd overall (I was loading the trailer at the time - excuse no. 5), only to receive a winner's trophy for the Classic Era Challenge Race.