View Single Post
Old 7 May 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3820522)   #76
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
When I walked into the circuit Saturday morning there was a very long queue of cars at the entrance, but hardly anything on Sunday. My general impression is that saturday was the busier day.

So you don’t like 2hr races, then, coppice. Well, the GTSCC competitors do, hence the full grid with 8 reserves......

I can’t see how the event can grow much. I know the paddock has been resurfaced, but there isn’t any extra space! The layout was as confused as last year, but just on a nicer surface.....
2 hour races have their place of course , I just raise an eyebrow at Sunday's. Problem for me is it's a long trip and a 2 hours race takes up most of the morning . I would have liked to have seen the BTCC tribute race in full , as well as rear engined FJ but as I needed to be home for 8ish that wasn't possible. Why not have a 2 hour race last on the programme so part timers like me can see all the other stuff , watch the first 40minutes or so and get off? That's the model I have seen for Guards Trophy etc .

In other news , I thought the new paddock cafe was a big improvement , and the site in general looks better that it has for years , even though it will never look as good as it used to. The run off areas would stop a 747 and , frankly , have wrecked Donington's one time USP - having seen Pro Car, Gp C , F1 , F2 and F3000 races there in the past , all with great viewing , one is now located bloody miles away virtually all round the track.

But standing next to the Lotus Judd F1 car as it fired up and watching people try to tame animals like the Le Mans Tiger still made it a good day .