Thread: 2017 DTM
View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3754091)   #77
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So ADAC TCR DTM... then? Worked well for STCC. However, STCC didn't really stick with a type of car and DTM's thing is fastest touring car series in the world. Maybe 500hp TCR

On a serious note. The DTM was the first race I ever watched live (Brands 2012 where a Merc won) and it had such a great buzz around the track. I watched all the race highlights (30 or 60 mins back on ITV then) and really enjoyed it. When BT got the rights I basically stopped as there wasn't good coverage I could see. This year I've got back into it as I can watch the youtube streams and it is good, top class racing. I have always supported Mercedes as I saw them as the underdogs (worst brand every year since 2012, we can win someday!) so I will miss them when they go. DTM and the racing will be ever poorer without them. Audi and BMW must bring more cars next year (8 or 9) to improve the grid as 12 cars is not enough.

This was always going to happen. The DTM is too much a manufacturers championship and not for privateers. They even instill this with a championship just for the brands (I know WRC does this but anyone can run a car independently). It is the only championship I know with no 'privateers' and for good reason, it doesn't work. Works teams are allowed funding by boardrooms, independents by managers on the ground so at the end of the day a decision to stop is quicker and easier for 1 head office meeting (Peugeot LMP1, Citreon+Lada WTCC...) than a privateer run by racers who will race till they have nothing, no less than nothing (Manor, Caterham...). The second a corporate target changes they can be gone