Thread: Prosport LM3000
View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1764484)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found a couple of older programmes today.

I think 1992 may have been year one for the Prosport 3000s. At Mallory on 21 June there was a race for the Prosport 3000 Championship and Midsports Trophy over 25 laps. Just six cars were entered in the Prosport class, for Eugene O'Brien, Friedrich Glatz, Mike Millard, M. Newman, Peter Hardman and Klaas Zwart. Hardman beat Glatz and O'Brien, establishing the lap record at 44.44s (109.46mph). The Midsports entry comprised Mike Wrigley (Bennett B16), Ian Flux (Chevron B8 - he finished fifth overall), Murray Lewis (Sutol 23B - presumably some kind of Lotus replica) and George Douglas (Ginetta G12).

Things were little better on 30 August 1993, with seven cars entered in the Prosport class, with Class B of the championship now being for Sports 2000 (Richard Casswell's Shrike P15, Glenn Dudley's T87/90 and Andy Storer's Chevron B52 being the three entrants). In the main class, Hardman, Millard and Zwart were now joined by Thorkild Thyrring, Paul Gibson, C. Taylor and Matt Aitken. I don't have results, but Hardman started from pole and was leading the championship.

I don't see a good reason why this isn't called the 'Anorak Forum', you know...