View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3600522)   #19
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to all those that have signed. its the Bears Banger Team behind the petition, so those that race and watch, rather than the Promotor.

I think the issue here, is that its a flood plain and land marked for leisure, and the proposed football stadium as with the alternative greyhound only stadium, is really about marking money out of houses, where houses have previously not been allowed.

In our heads i think we all know the future for Wimbledon, its not considered "Green", there is the issue of getting lorries in, the Stadium has been left to decline, and there are always going to residents who complain about noise.

But in this day and age, of sunday shopping and people glued to their smart phones, Stock Car racing at the Stadium still works well, it can still bring in a good crowd, and it is the one and only venue that is running regularly right through the winter, where spectators can watch in relative comfort.

So with our hearts lets just sign the petition and at least show other that our sport exists and we have passionate competitors and fans.

I think "The Bears Banger Team" have done an amazing job to get the petition up and running, at at least giving "the rest of us" as somewhere to have a voice and say what "Wimbledon Stadium and Stock Car Racing in General" means to us.

2000 signature on the first evening, I think its at 6000 now, but I also seem to remember the petition against Greyhound Racing got 15 000.

So please sign, even if its just in memory of the Venues Golden age.