Old 21 Nov 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3781870)   #30
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
I'm not saying TCR social media etc is great, but the accessibility of WTCC is terrible. Eurosport embargo any sort of availability of races on catchup unless you pay for their full service. At least with TCR every session is shown on YouTube and available on catchup, phenomenal.

Let's be honest, Martin Haven or the TCR commentator are both fairly poor, Tom Gaymor is a much more professional character.
Yeah, get rid of Eurosport, they're absolutely shite. They prioritise repeats of tennis over live coverage of a championship which they own and promote. Online streaming is the future of sports broadcasting and it works perfectly well for TCR and SRO championships.

Haven can stay as commentator. Yeah, he gets stuff wrong sometimes but I like his style. Tom Gaymor is one of the worst commentators I've ever had the misfortune of hearing, along with Toby Moody and Alex Jacques. How any of them remain employed in their current roles is a mystery.

Hopefully we'll hear more of Ben Edwards in the future after Channel 4's F1 contract ends. It's an absolute shame to have him being wasted on that rubbish.