View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3769575)   #36
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That's kinda my point. Does going faster necessarily make for better racing? I doubt it. Having closely matched cars with different strengths and weaknesses, pros and cons, makes for good racing, irrespective of speed.

I'm not a fan of spec tires in road racing (though many series do opt for such), and I'd rather see tire technology move forward. But at the same time, the speeds that the cars do also have to make sense. I personally don't think it makes sense for GTE cars (formerly GT2) running borderline GT1 times, as well as the fact that I think that really exotic cars should be in a GT1-like class.

I'd like to see LMP1 in the WEC slowed down to basically 2007 or 2011-13 times, LMP2 to like 3:35 or 3:40, and GTE to 3:55-4:00 at LM. But that's just how I'd like to see things. Mind you, I'd also like to see traction control done away with and some of the aero stuff on LMPs and even GT cars reigned in a bit.

All of this stuff would probably make for interesting discussion in a thread dedicated to it or one of the future rules threads. All I was doing was providing an observation and my opinions on it.