View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1810380)   #12
meb
Rookie

United States
Wappinger Falls, New York
meb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...my frustration is this mode of communication isn't really free association...so the fluidity in my questions and thinking mis-steps, sorry.

Anyway, if the above is true, a lower RC proportions weight more evenly between the inside and outside tires. Increasing track, as is one of my goals, will lower the CofG. Will lowering the CofG also proportion weight transfer between the inside and outside tires more evenly? My intuition says yes. This appears obvious, but the more I learn, the more I learn there are many, many subtleties invloved in weight transfer.

The rear of the Mini feels very squirlly under threshold braking. This was a stock vise and this feeling has carried thru to the new setup. Grip levels are not especially great either. Responsivness and balance is not a problem; this car goes where pointed. Braking into turn 1 at Lime Rock and into turn 9 at Watkins Glen can be white knuckle events, in particular.

The dampers may prove to be a culprit in those transitional areas, but I want to make sure some of the fundamentals (RC and CofG relationships) are correct before changing these.