View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3949049)   #28
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Spectactors don't care, but for manufacturers -- Honda, BMW, Mercedes Benz etc -- the hybrid is an essential step in the road towards electrification.
You remember that I was suggesting to be independend from car manufacturers?

Quote:
Racing pure combustion engines is seen as regressive.
Not at the current supercars fanbase.

Quote:
People over 35 years of age, who have only ever known the romance and freedom of combustion engines, are rather not well placed to understand what young people think about combustion engines.
You need to think about what young people think about combustion engines: they are dirty polluting things that have ruined the environment.
you will not gain young people as spectators with hybrid engines.

Most dont care about cars anymore.
Quote:
It's important to acknowledge that efficiency, even with a combustion engine hybrid, is important and chase as much efficiency as possible (e.g., F1 with nearly 50% thermal efficiency from their hybrid power units).
If you want to save fuel, stay at home and dont watch car races.

If you want racecars, you dont care about fuel efficency (during the race).
If you want fuel efficency you dont are about racecars.

Thats how I know it from the racetrack and from work/friends.
I don't know anyone who says: "Oh, if the racecars are burning less fuel I will watch that race for sure."

And if the majority of car buyers would care about fuel efficiency for climate reasons, they would not buy Pickup Trucks and SUV.
So in my opinion there is no reeason for hybrid racecars, except to change the minds of a car company’s board.