Thread: How to start
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1052917)   #20
Metalstar
Rookie

Metalstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of an update.

I recieved my MSA/ARKS Karting pack, so i booked my medical in with my local doctor, Unfortunately doctors are doctors and i have to wait for 2 weeks until i can get it done (and they charge £60-£80 for the service )

Hopefully i will be able to pop down to kimbolton next weekend to watch the TKM Festival and hopefully speak to some of the competitors. There is also a 2004 Tal-Ko Storm chassis for sale there that i wouldnt mind taking a look at, since if i can convince the parents to loan me a bit of cash, i could have my first chassis then i would have time to save for a brand new engine, since i have seen this seems to be a good method to start!

I had a hidden bonus the other day aswell, one of my dads friends has a son that is interested in kart racing, so we are going to ring him to see if he wants to start at the same time as me. That way we can share experience, also the other guys father owns a 2nd hand vehicle dealership so it is likely he could loan us a van for the race weekends, which would save alot of messing about and alot of money!

By the way, anyone in manchester know where i can pick a copy of Karting magazine up from? the big WH smith doesnt have it, and they have every magazine possible in there usually

Last edited by Metalstar; 31 Jul 2004 at 22:00.