Thread: Driver Ricciardo
View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2962449)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
That is a point that most people miss. It is a concern of mine that he isnt so hungry for results that he get out there and win every race he was entered in to prove he is the pick of the litter and worthy of the STR Friday testing and HRT race seat.
this is something that worries me too. silverstone race 2 in 2010 he wasn't aware enough of the race around him to notice he was being hunted down, and duly lost the lead. he said afterwards that he didn't really know what had happened. there was nothing wrong with the car, or the tyres he'd had replaced in the pitstop, but he lost a substantial lead. actually i think part of the problem there was that he was too honest in the post-race press conference - he could have easily made something up and nobody would have noticed!

he's put in some very classy performances, and no doubt is a very quick driver but sometimes... you wonder. in a way he was lucky that vergne's fr3.5 drive fell through last year because the pace that vergne showed in testing and at the other end of the season when he replaced hartley was very impressive. in that respect, and certainly looking at the situation red bull have on their hands now, you can see why they chose to say "thanks, but no" to hartley.