Thread: Forza 7
View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2017, 02:21 (Ref:3768696)   #8
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'll be honest, Forza kinda died for me after 5. They started just using old car models and selling them as DLC. It's become the Sims of racing games. When the next game comes along you leave out cars you already made and sell them together.

I'll be honest, I'm not interested in buying a full price game, just to be sold the missing bits later. And then to add insult to injury, they'll sell me a Season Pass, which doesn't include all the content, again.

On the topic of the Forza 7 trailer....isn't this what Forza Horizons was meant to be? It seems like driving a 919 through the desert is what they're doing. The fictional track looked like every other fictional track from the last decade - long flowing corners up a silly raised road in an impossible place. It was fun...once, but now it's all fictional tracks. It's just not fun anymore on these overly extreme fictional tracks.

I own an Xbox One S. It's a great device. Forza 7 will not be joining it after the DLC micro transaction fest of Forza 6.
Not sure you really understand what has been going on with the games in regards to Forza 5 and it's "progression" that caused it to be what it was. Turn 10 is a Microsoft-owned company, and they see Forza as a console seller... Forza 5 was to be a launch title for the Xbox One, meaning that Turn 10 most likely spent most of their effort rushing the game to work on the new console rather than on content. I'm not at all saying that's an excuse, I didn't buy Forza 5 as I too was unhappy with the content it provided... But players complained about the old cars not returning and they started bringing them back in the DLC packs. Kind of one those "can't win" situations for them... People complain about the missing cars, then they complain about having to pay for them to get them back, then they complain about the lack of new cars as they have spent time re-modelling the old cars instead of working on new ones. Again, not saying it's an excuse or that everyone should have bought it despite the lack of content, just that it is what it is for a reason.

As for the "season pass," it was called the "car pass" and clearly stated it would contain the first 6 monthly car packs and nothing more. If you bought it expecting everything then that's on you for not reading the packaging on what you are buying. I'm not really sure why they do only the first 6 car packs in the bundle and I could see how it could be misleading if you don't read the description, but it's been that way for several titles so it's not anything new.

I agree on the new fantasy tracks being crap. Forza 1 had some good fantasy tracks, or great even like the Alpine Ring in particular, but since then all but one of the new fantasy tracks they have made have been terrible. Saying "now it's all fictional tracks" is wrong though, there are only 4 of these stupid fantasy ones (and 1 realistic fantasy one) out of 32 environments in Forza 7. I mean I'd rather replace them with real tracks too, but it's not even a big portion of the track list.

Also not sure where you are getting Forza 6 as a "DLC micro transaction fest." The microtransactions in Forza 6 could be 100% ignored... Buying the tokens only allowed you to buy cars, and the game gave you money and cars at such a high rate that I seriously can not imagine anyone being so impatient they would need to buy them. Hell, they give you several hundred thousand in-game credits every week just for clicking a button in the Forza App on your Xbox.

DLC isn't a microtransaction, and you don't have to buy it. A few of the DLC cars were fast for leaderboard times, but there are plenty of cars in the base game that were also leaderboard cars so the new ones weren't necessary if you don't want them. Alternatively, you can wait for them to go on sale (usually half price) a few months after they come out if you only want two or three cars from one of them, or just buy the cars individually for a couple of dollars.

I'm no Turn 10/Forza apologist, hell I'm most likely nearing a ban over on the official forums for taking my criticism up to the overly-sarcastic-snarky level after they have repeatedly ignored issues/areas the games are lacking... I just don't think these are valid arguments/complaints against it when most of them are exaggerated or seem to misunderstand what is happening.

There are real issues to complain about with the games (inconsistent fuel modelling, nearly non-existent tire wear, lack of precise lobby restrictions, no restrictor/ballast system, odd/inconsistent upgrade options for cars, inconsistent kerb collision-detection, etc) but the ones you mention here aren't "real" issues. Microtransactions are 100% ignorable and they don't even have a pricing structure in-game that encourages using them, and DLC is completely optional, they don't lie about what the pass contains and you don't have to buy it either, and the fantasy tracks, as crap as they are, are still a minor selection.

I realize this post may sound argumentative or aggressive or something, but I'm not really intending for it to be... But, while there are areas they need to work on, these games still provide a lot of value and have great sub-communities of racing fans that run excellent leagues and events of their own, and I'd hate to see someone turned away from the game because of a post exaggerating things and calling things incorrectly.