View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3855925)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the article mentions Catherine Bond Muir as the CEO of the series...not familiar with the name myself but she is a women in a leading role.

as a sports fan i like these sorts of things and materially i dont see it as any different than a series/program aimed at promoting the next regional star..this one just happens to focus on women as opposed to a 'local' talent.

seeing more and more of this in Canada, particularly in Hockey highlighted by an Olympic program but ultimately leading to the establishment of a professional N.American league.

no one anticipates that it will rival the NHL (that will takes decades), but these leagues, year by year, are drawing in larger audiences (both on TV and in arenas) which means more money, more advertisers, , more pay for the athletes, and a new demographic fan base who want to spend their money on something a little bit different then what they have been offered in the past. this is of course backed by a growing grass roots system which is looking to increase their participation levels, dues/fees, more ice time rentals, more coaches etc etc...at some point the system takes on a life of it own and becomes a viable new income source in a time where grass roots sports are experiencing a funding crisis.

the tie in is that the sport is growing imo.

Last edited by chillibowl; 10 Oct 2018 at 15:31.