Old 13 Oct 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3151079)   #52
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
WEC is going to be wickedly expensive, no matter the actual ruleset, that's just the nature of the FIA-label and the kind of schedule they are running.
I agree with that, which I why I suggested the GT class of WEC to be largely run by the manufacturers. They can easily afford a world championship after all.

Quote:
As for ELMS - we'll have to see where that goes, if 2012 is anything to go buy, there won't be a lot of interest from the GT3 ranks to run in that series. Sure, a unified ruleset and potential LM invites might help somewhat, but right now I wouldn't think of ELMS as a stronger series than BES. One has 40 cars on the grid, the other has 14...
Come to think of it, I also struggle to see how ELMS can be successful post-2012. I understand the logic of the ELMS being a training ground for teams that like to run WEC and LeMans in the future. But in practice, it has already failed. However, one of these series has to go, if both run the same GT regulations in the future.

Quote:
[...]and even ADAC GT seems to be in for some major shrinkage over the off season. With Kabel 1 most likely out of the picture, getting live TV will be quite a task and a lot of teams were less than thrilled with the way BoP was handled this year, so I think we'll be down to 25 cars or so next year.
Given that Kabel Eins wants to develop the GT Masters further, I'm confident that the series will stay on TV. Even if Kabel Eins pulls out, Sport1 might jump in (Not that I'd like that...). But the organizers really have to fix the BoP issues. It was already bad to lose a team like Reiter, and it would be even worse if other teams start pulling out.

Quote:
Blancpain is going to be fine... it's the other series I am worried about.
In the moment, Blancpain is definitely fine. In the future...probably, but I wouldn't say it for sure...yet.