View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3429718)   #1257
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post
But it's not clearly outside of the rules. "Movement" in the context of movable aerodynamic devices, and deflection of those devices are different things. Movement because of an action of the driver or some sort of control system on the car are not allowed. Defection, within the limits specified by the rules and the tests they define, is not.
No offense intended (really), but either you are purposefully being obtuse, or you just don't understand the rules. You are adding things to the rules that do not exist. You mention control system, etc. None of that exists in the rules.

Section 3.4 (actually just a fragment that is pertinent)...

"Movable bodywork parts/elements are forbidden when the car is in motion."

Simply stated. It doesn't go into the items you mention. And as I mention above, it is such an absolute rule that "by definition" all cars are unable to meet this rule. However, there is "moveable" and there is "MOVEABLE". When does it become a problem? I assume when someone shouts loud enough. Then....

Section 3. (at the very top)...

"The FIA reserves the right to introduce load/deflection tests on any part of the bodywork which appears to be (or is suspected of), moving whilst the car is in motion"

A key part of this is the "reserves the right" part. I guess that it really is up to the FIA to decide if/when/or by how much they will enforce the rule. They may choose to turn a blind eye.

If you haven't read them, they are interesting...

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...004%202014.pdf

Cheers!

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 3 Jul 2014 at 02:10. Reason: fix typo