View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3871258)   #1376
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Anyone who longs for the days of Croft in the future needs their head seeing too,
I think you're missing the (subtle) point - someone who's say between 11 to 15, finding F1 for the first time, will have no previous reference points with which to compare. In today's world, where IMMEDIATE SATISFACTION is GUARANTEED all over the Internet, Crofty's style is pretty relaxed. Who knows, the hypothetical young person might think his style is BLOODY AWESOME.

When they're approaching 50, they'll look back all misty eyed and compare that era's commentators to Crofty, and find them all wanting - because *that's what people do*.

I miss Murray, but I quite like Crofty actually. I shall refrain from comment on others as I have opinions which have largely been described more eloquently by other people.