View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4001825)   #317
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Wasn’t trying to say that at all

I was simply putting my opinion forward that I thought the Austria situation in 2002 was far worse than Russia in 2018.

I brought into Hungary to show that Hamilton is capable of being a team player and handing places back too
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
This was all in response to BJs comment that Bottas may not have been allowed to win at the weekend....and brought up Russia as an example that Mercedes have imposed team orders...

....Russia in 2018 when Bottas was out of the championship is hardly comparable to 2002 Austria
Yep. Team orders is obviously a weird, grey area.

Bottas was out of the championship race, but Vettel was almost out of it as well. To justify team orders as blatant as that over a lightest of threats to a title win was pretty lame. Whatever there was to gain wasn't worth what was lost, and I think they should've erred the other way.

Bottas gets diminished for not winning a race that year and being so compliant to team orders, and Hamilton/MB's success is blotted.

I'd be more comfortable with any partiality MB are trying to project if I saw Bottas winning, or threatening to beat Hamilton due to alternate pit strategies while trailing Hamilton. I've never seen that, but I have seen the other way.