Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3844327)   #33
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It helps ease the timetable congestion at Silverstone.
This weekend is very tight: it only took one red flag this morning to eliminate the lunch break. Saturday and Sunday don't even have a lunch break (although Sunday does have a church break).
Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see this solving timetable congestion. Assuming ELMS retains the 4 hour event and the Saturday slot, then Saturday timetable will be identical.

Sunday would indeed cut 2 hours off the race, but looking at the timetable, there is only two races. Sunday actually starts an hour later, and the first track action isn't until 10am. If they had too much congestion then they really should consider moving the Formula 3 race an hour earlier, or dropping it completely from the Silverstone weekend as ELMS is already the support event. The Le Mans Cup event doesn't attend due to timetable constraints and tbh, I doubt anyone would miss F3.