Thread: Three stage DRS
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3670640)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A few thoughts...

1. IMHO, you totally missed the point about the Vestappen criticism, but that is a topic for a different thread.

2. More details on how a multiphase DRS might work? Particularly with respect to the points directly below.

3. To your point about blowing past the other guy with ease vs a braking dual... I am lazy as I can only think back to Spa and passes on the Kimmel straight. I think exit speed out of Raidillon and general car performance (power and aero trim) is a bigger indicator of "ease" of passing in that situation. I feel some just got an excellent run out of Raidillon while the other guy didn't. If the two cars and drivers are more evenly match, then the pass attempt happens much later and without guarantee of success.

Richard