View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2017, 19:56 (Ref:3742306)   #4843
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
How much would the teams save by having the ACO pay to rent the track instead of doing it themselves? To me, it's like the argument of shortening Petit Le Mans from 1000mile/10 hours to 6 hours? You may save a bit due to using less fuel and tires, but the overall cost won't change much because the same number of people spend the same number of days at the track and the same days/fees at hotels.

If the ACO are willing to pay for it, fine, let them, since IMO it's the least they can do, but the teams will still spend the same number of days at the track if it's a 1-2 day test, and the same costs for tires, fuel, and accommodations. Let alone if the ACO decide to sanction 30+hour endurance tests. I think that the track fees only will make a small dent in what teams spend.

IMO, I don't know if I should consider these proposed regs a change for the better, or just more of the same from the ACO that's gotten them here in the first place.

And other than Toyota, Porsche and Peugeot, I'd like to know which other manufacturers were in on these talks other than Audi (prior to the end of 2016).