Thread: 2018 DTM
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3823527)   #112
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Three decent races in a row. Sure makes a change.
It makes a change indeed but I agree with Ekstrom who claims that DTM cars are still not entertaining and exciting. Instead of monocoque and still too big downforce for touring cars and too big aero dependency, DTM can take an example of Aussie Supercars. Less wings, winglets, less downforce but more bhp instead and bodywork allowing for even more door-to-door racing. I mean, I enjoy DTM but now, as the series is on the crossroads, they need bigger changes than just switching to turbo engines and reducing downforce. On paper DTM has everything to be absolutely the most exciting touring car series in Europe (maybe together with BTCC that has slightly different philosophy) but they were too much F1-oriented. Let F1 be F1, people love Supercars for being loud, aggressive and still touring cars. No one will love DTM for the technology. Fvck the technology, nobody cares, except for F1, LMP1 and maybe FE. DTM should still remain quite high tech but not as much as it is now. Manufacturer involvement should not be as huge as it is (one again look at Supercars for example), less politics, more pure spirit of the racing. This is what DTM needs in order to survive. Maybe I side Supercars too much, but for me DTM should try and make something similar. Europe lacks such a racing.