Thread: LE MANS CLASSIC
View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3836062)   #181
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I find Mike's answer is clear and courageous too, so few people saying what they mean in this matter.
Another thing which could be brought back - or not - the percentage between the pole and the last admitted car. If i'm correct, in period you had to qualify each driver (may be 75% as fast as poleman?) plus each driver had to make at least three laps during night session.
Dont forget its a show, a marvelous one.
On another thread about the same meeting someone commented that most of the races looked more like parades (I disagree), but that doesn’t necessarily mean the cars weren’t being driven flat out- just that with each plateau there could be a considerable age and potential performance difference between the front running and tail end cars! Therefore not sure a ‘75%’ rule would work in LMC.....

As for night practice, essential really if you intend to do the night race (not all drivers / cars did), but the sessions were shortened this year to allow for parades, Legends or something. Then one plateau only got one lap due to a red flag, and another 3 laps for same reason. Shame as the experience of driving Mulsanne in the middle of the night is like no other......