View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3913429)   #281
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'm not sure where you got that information, but Ford GT and 911 the same height?

The GT is as low as a prototype, if not lower. The BMW is big, but the height isn't unparalleled on the grid. Also the max width for GTE is usually always taken up by the manufacturers. The width allowed iirc is 2050mm. So "88 inches" wide for the BMW is wrong.
wrt to the M8 GTE width, the 88 inches is listed at Wikipedia, referenced to BMW-Motorsport. As it was discussed previously, the BMW width appears to be quoted with mirrors, whereas the maximum width of the series is 2050mm without mirrors as you quite rightly state.
I am unsure whether the other widths are quoted with/without mirrors - but the main point of the list was to demonstrate how the M8GTE is not, as was suggested, smaller than the GT-R Nismo GT3.

Porsche height from Wikipedia, although no reference is given.
Ford height also from Wikipedia, again no reference given.

Although I wouldn't take an image taken at an angle of cars at speed to give a true indication of height: