Thread: Oulton
View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2019, 23:08 (Ref:3913800)   #18
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Also Ingram's Toyota arguably looks like a handful compared to the Avensis of last year. I just think that a lot of the competititon are having troubles of their own which coincides with WSR producing a fantastic car. I think the rest of the teams need to look at themselves rather than trying to claw WSR back in.
This I think is bang on:

The FK8 seems a difficult car to get the best of. That BTC are leaving Dynamics behind suggests the BTC drivers and engineers are better than Dynamics at understanding it. Despite Dynamics having a year of running. Camm isn't the man. Competitive but no Gordon Shedden; I feel for sure Dynamics would be on it if Flash were still here.

The Toyota isn't a patch on the Avensis. Maybe it will be in time, but I'm now doubting Tingram snagging many podiums except reverse grid luck ins.

Plato seems to be adjusting well to the Astra but isn't quite there yet. Top 10 rather than Top Cat. Rob C is struggling.

The Motorbase cars are going nowhere fast apart from Sonic - still my outside championship man.

Tordoff has sadly failed to be in the running too many times, with Rory B coming off better by far. Probably AmDs best season ever, but I think I was expecting (hoping?!) for more with the FK2 and driver combo. Still time...

All in all WSR are having it relatively easy so far; AJ is without doubt deserving of the title. Consistency Colin is his biggest challenge.