eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well great weekend, meet most of those i expected at the circuit over the 3 days, racing was good although as stated a little lacking in actual races, however plenty of action in all three, porkies, elms and wec. Most give a thumbs up to the vintage wall of death show in the fan zone, brilliant and to see a vintage set up with all the shaking and noise as 1920's indian scouts ran feet from you was amazing. Weather was kind the guys in the white vans were brilliant on friday and saturday taking us about although on sunday the same vans just stat around and were not prepared to do anything. Hope everyone who attended also had as good a time
Definitely a great weekend, although I somehow missed seeing you Simon, sorry! I did bump into a few of the usual crowd though I had my youngest in tow and a friend of mine with his two youngest and they struggled slightly in terms of interest - so I managed to miss quite a bit of the racing, but did do quite a bit of the fanzone stuff which was interesting and all free! :O So in that sense it was a very relaxed race meeting for me. We did see most of the WEC race and quite a bit of the ELMS race but I missed large chunks of the early sessions.. We were lucky enough to get ELMS paddock passes which seemed a bit of an anachronism but they were via G Drive and JEV (my eldest son entered an instagram competition and won them on the Friday - he was very stoked!) and so we gained access to their garage and the grid walk! I'll post some photos later on today.

A great season opener but a real shame that Ginetta seem to be behind the curve again - especially after all the pre-race bluster that was posted and their big push for 'fan access' and doing it for the fans. Although they did seem to find their feet around 2/3 way through the race. They ended up with one decent position at the end of the race but it could have been so much more. They need to be quick to keep the Rebellions honest.

All the LMP1 cars were so quick through the corners but the Toyotas just seem to defy the laws of physics!! They seemed happy to overtake round the outside or inside of other cars on track.

Now I feel that I should be trying to go to other rounds of the WEC, but work might get in the way of that...