Old 4 Sep 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3925724)   #257
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Although no one really cares what im about to say because you will say "Care enough to comment though" i feel its still important to voice my opinion to show my displeasure. For me, ive stopped watching ELMS and the WEC, i have no interest in spec series, it was the variety of looks, sounds and constructors that drew me into sportscar racing and now i feel that has gone. For sure, are there more competitive cars? Yes, is it better with closer racing? Yes. However, it doesnt engage me anymore. Im sorry.
Have to agree with you. Too much spec equipment, whilst keeping the racing close, spoils the whole show. If I want to see and hear spec cars I will watch the BTCC - I have always watched Endurance racing for the variety of chassis/engine combinations and the different manufacturers takes on the rules. ELMS just doesn't do it for me - yes, lots of cars and some good racing at times but they all look the same! Even difficult to tell LMP2 from LMP3 sometimes.

I applaud Stefan Ratel and SRO for at least staying away from mandating too much spec stuff - great to hear all of the different engine notes, watching recognisable body shapes and still having some great racing with no one manufacturer winning every time. Blancpain has it's faults with SC/FCY stuff and mandatory pit stop times but the whole show is just more spectacular at the moment as you are never sure who is going to win.