View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2020, 19:26 (Ref:4013417)   #150
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I always find myself terribly torn over Lewis.On one hand I absolutely admire that he is in another class, his achievements and his career choices to be in the right car at the right time. This is tempered by the fact that in the hybrid era, Mercedes F1 team has won around 80% of the points each season, sometimes 85% and that sort of efficiency and consistency is what has made those titles, but they still need to be exploited and executed by the driver, which Lewis does.

One of the things that grates with me, was the more combative year Lewis had with Rosberg, when Lewis played the lowly background card in contrast to Nico's Monaco upbringing.

As I remember it, Lewis has had his career funded by either (and sometimes both) Mercedes or McLaren since he was 13 years old, has sat in the best teams and equipment every year since, paid for largely by one of the world's biggest global brands.

There are and have been many very talented drivers, who have never had the backing to realise potential. Lewis did and has and he has executed it perfectly.