View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2019, 01:26 (Ref:3917437)   #20
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
How many teams are there in IMSA that aren't being banked off of either pay drivers or owner personal fortune? Of those, how many aren't 100% factory backed teams? I don't even think there's any that fit in the latter category besides WTR. I guess Shank is allegedly not an Acura factory team but I'm not sure anyone believes that. Juncos is only concerned about making sure they're in something where the pay driver dollars match the expenses so this doesn't concern them near as much as Wayne Taylor wondering how he's going to run his championship level professional sports car racing team if it costs $10m/year and he has $5m/year to work with.

Like it or not WTR may be the only committed IMSA team there. The GTD garage is full of pay to race mercenaries that will run anything you write a cheque for.