View Single Post
Old 11 May 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3975527)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
After today's statement from the PM the absolute best case scenario doesn't see anything changing for motorsport before the of July and any further backwards motion will push that back further.

Conclusion? Inconclusive. I predict another calendar being formed before its shelved entirely for this year.
Now that the documentation supporting the announcement has been released, things are a bit more conclusive.

Step Two will not start until 1 June at the earliest. That means:
'No professional sport, even behind closed doors, will be staged in England until 1 June at the earliest.
Reopening venues that attract large crowds, such as sports grounds, may only be fully possible significantly later depending on the reduction in numbers of infections.'

Step Three will not start until 4 July at the earliest. That means:
'Some of the remaining businesses that have been forced to close, including hospitality and leisure facilities may be permitted to open.
Some venues which are, by design, crowded and where it may prove difficult to enact distancing may still not be able to reopen safely at this point, or may be able to open safely only in part.'

And through all of the steps:
'Only the development of a vaccine or effective drugs can reliably control this epidemic and reduce mortality without some form of social distancing or contact tracing in place.'