View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4187926)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I always find these types of discussions interesting. Especially the subjective nature of them. I personally find it hard to separate my personal feelings (hopes and wishes for drivers and teams) from a purely objective viewpoint. It is also just hard to do this. I tend to easily think who might be my top few and bottom few drivers, but struggle with ranking those in the middle in any confident way.
It's hard to be purely objective - and I think it'd be a bit boring if we were, we'd all have the same list

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it's a bit harsh to not put Checo in the top 10, despite his underwhelming season. It still had plenty of good points and did show on his day he can beat Max in the same car, even for allowing circumstances. Although he certainly wouldn't be in my top 5
He started the season well but then fell away hugely and seriously underperformed in what was by far the best car on the grid. Scoring less than half of the points that Max did is less than impressive - Perez really should have been on the podium at most races.