View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:09 (Ref:4025177)   #1008
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, you can’t argue with the medical experts, despite what some might think.

That, I'm afraid, is not true!

Immediately prior to my operation, the anaesthetist insisted that I took some medication that I had stopped taking some weeks previously. I objected, but allowed her to overrule me.

Result was that the medication slowed my heart rate down so much that, firstly, they were unable to prep me for the operation, and then they had to stabilise me during the operation. At that point, the surgeon decided that it would not be a wise move to complete the operation, and as consequence, I will require further surgery next year to finish off a task that could have have been done back in August.

The anaesthetist acknowledged after the operation that she had been wrong.