View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3986220)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Whilst the engineering is impressive - it's all a bit pointless isn't it? If you're cruising at 70 why the hell do you need rocketship accerlation from that point onwards? Realistically where are you going to use it?

To be fair that stacks up with ICE supercars too - lots of performance that has absolutely no practical application.
Oh, I totally agree. A lot of what many performance vehicles can do (regardless of power-train) is to many pointless.

Ferrari LaFerrari - 0-186mph in just 15sec.
Koenigsegg One:1 - 250mph from rest in less than 20sec.

When looking at those performance figures - many would possibly ask why?

Personally, I think a lot of what the real upper end of performance cars are capable of (as a road car) is about demonstrating the expertise and talent of the manufacturer, as opposed to giving the owner something they actually need. In that respect, this Lotus seems to be joining the same set of 'rules' of car design.