View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3958333)   #124
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You have as many committed to the Hypercar ranks so it's not like they are tearing down the doors to get in to GTE either.
That's after several years when ACO have made it perfectly clear that all they really cared about was LMP1.

GTE makes sense because it is a showcase for the one type of motor racing which manufacturers are fully committed to: selling GT3s to customers.

Go back to 2017, let Toyota have their solo Le Mans win then announce that GTE would be the World Championship class and LMP would become privateer pro (LMP1) and pro-am (LMP2). I reckon you could add 2-3 more GTE makes right away.

But we've been over this and I'm just repeating myself. Aston in Hypercar always looked like a fantasy given the state of the company. ACO bought it because they were pathetically desperate to get manufacturers in LMP1 despite it being perfectly clear that major car makers are no longer interested in factory prototype programmes.