View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2002, 22:19 (Ref:363239)   #8
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PEPSI
Yes, Holden fan, owner and all, I too can't wait for a Ford to win, Ambrose in particular.

As for Rusty, did anyone else think that his new helmet would not look out of place next to Steven Johnson's? He has used a chrome effect for a while but the yellow must be very similar to Steve's helmet. Perhaps he was looking to go there and had it made before DJR's current form surfaced forcing him to re-think.

I mean very few teams are signing new drivers until AVESCO/TEGA sort out what is happening with the franchise system next year as they are in the dark how many cars they can run etc.

I also noted the apparent absence of Castrol, Holden etc with only his personal sponsors such as KTM and VB. Dunlop was an exception but VB and Dunlop also sponsor DJR.

PEPSI - Funny You Mention The Johnson Team, I was told by a Ford Dealer in Queensland Recently that it was most likely that Rusty Would go to DJR and Radisich to Briggs Team .
Personally I dont see how a Ford Dealer who doesnt know much else about V8 Supercars would suddenly have an insight to whats going on. But With your post it kind of rang a bell.