View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1578537)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I agree foxster Lola do seem to be missing a trick. By not having a top team - Dallara are masters of dominating a junior category and will be very tough to beat.!
foxter, huh? Maybe I should see if I can get my name changed! No doubt you could arrange that, being a big cheese hereabouts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Ok dream lets do a bit of Fantasy F3 2 car team - budget for three seasons in any series and a fair bit of testing. So you can pick you drivers by talent rather than wallet.

I'd probably run a Dome chassis with Honda engine, with a joint project between Jenvey dynamics and Honda to develop it.

But seeing as you can't get a dome or a Honda I'd probably go for an unknown like the Ligier with an Opel Engine, with my own engine programme.

Drivers - definatley Formula Vee champion, engineer and uber talent Mike Jenvey (would certainly upset the establishment) as he would bring great car development skills and is a very talented driver who rarely has offs.

Then I'd look for some young hotshoe coming up but not through the oh so dull Karts/bmw/ren etc route that produces the identidriving style spikey hair rich boys that we have now... I'd possibly look to France.

Where to base the team? well as this is fantasy F3 - at the Cystal Palace top site!
The Fantasy F3 idea is cool. I'd probably go for a Lola as I like the people there and the car is in the ball park already.

Team? Sorry, can't say, but it's not an obvious one and I'm sure they would do a cracking job.

Drivers? How about a couple of under-funded and possibly under-rated Brits - Ben Clucas and Joey Foster. As it happens, Ben's doing very well in Australian F3 (3 wins from 4 races and it would have been 4 but for a cracked exhaust), and it looks as though there's a fair chance of Joey racing in the German championship. Neither of them is a spikey hair rich boy either!

Crystal Palace was a really challenging circuit in its time, and a bit scary. Think of the history. It was where Jochen Rindt first made his mark in the big time, and where James Hunt jumped out of an F3 car and thumped someone. Mind you, he did that more than once, even in F1, iirc. One for Autodrome 2 perhaps? Probably not grand enough.

I'll have to think about where I'd base my team. The practical benefits of being in the Silverstone area are massive, but you might get fed up with seeing the same old faces everywhere, every day - it's nice to get away at times.

Don't know Mike Jenvey. I was thinking of Richard Jenvey, who's probably his dad!