View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2009, 02:11 (Ref:2522698)   #70
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShenise View Post
^^^They mentioned on the broadcast today that the you could run a LMPC team for under $1mil per season. Knowing of course that there is a huge gulf between $500K and $999K, I'd like to see what becomes of this. Personally, I think its a win. The new challenge cars will look like the real P1-2 machines so I don't think from a marketing standpoint it'll be the exercise in ugly that the Rolex series is. Sportscar car fans know that there is only one true sportscar series in NA. Its getting marketers to see that though there is another series out there, its a series without spectators, organized by a huge corporation hoping to run the clock out on the competition. For the casual viewer, it'll look like there are a bunch of new LMP class cars out there. This could be good, as it'll look like Lenny the Lawyer with a good practice could in theory go start a race team. If he has the mythical $500K to $999 laying around per year. I still dream of making enough to make a run at starting a team. If I could find a way to do it for under a million a season, its much more likely now.
So you are saying the fans are ignorant simpletons; France family think.
or as Barnum said:
A sucker is born every minute.
Ah rationalization, a politicians first defense.