View Single Post
Old 8 May 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3732296)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not experienced Code 60 yet, though we've bought a GPS speedo to help us to adhere to it if needed, but I can sort of see the irritation expressed if indeed all but the 1st lap of a "race" was run under it. However I've had a look at TSL and although it was deployed a lot, only one of the Fiesta races and one Mazda MX5 Supercup race were badly affected. The Fiesta race seemingly having been aborted after 12 minutes of a 20 minute race -having had 2 laps of Code 60, and the Mazda race being run for all but 3 laps under Code 60. I'm sure drivers in the race felt somewhat frustrated.....

I take the point that times were probably very tight - there appears to have been a somewhat optimistic cramming in of too many poorly supported races to allow much leeway for red-flag incidents.

Really what is needed is a code 60 deployment only for (say) a sector - say two or three marshal posts before the incident until the post incident green flag. Of course if drivers could remove the red mist and actually drive appropriately under waved yellows, it wouldn't be needed at all........