View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3836482)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is a difficult one for me.

Consistency and transparency are pretty big in my book but at the same time I recognize that every race of the season is not necessarily equal.

Certainly I am reminded of schumi's disqualification from the championship for his attempt to take out his rival at Jerez in 97...surley a valid penalty but not one I would have liked to have seen if he had attempted to take out his rival during the first race of the season.

Other sports, thinking of hockey and basketball (which mind you have a clear separation between regular season and playoffs) hold that fouls/penalties will be judged differently at different points in the season...often resulting in something that was a foul in the regular season not be treated as a foul during the playoffs.

Fans want a different standard to be applied for the championship rounds and when more is on the line. Fans want the game to be more physical..this I don't think is an uncommon thing.

I guess if I have an issue with KR's penalty here it is that it is still too early in the season for the powers that be to decide who gets to be in the title hunt.

Knock on effect of it happening this early is that it now becomes a bigger problem as the season escalates. Rather where do the officials go from here?

Are LH and SV to be judged differently for the remainder, are they off limits to other drivers?

It is a difficult one to be sure.