Thread: ACO Membership
View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1198585)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Probably... there's a lounge, decent loos, hot meals and coffee available...
You are right.

The timing screens are useful. The loos good, but I don't spend most of the 24hrs there so I still have to loo elsewhere! The meals and coffee are no better than outside IMHO, although you don't have to hold the ticket in your mouth to go and get them!

This year we are going in the 'stand opposite the ACO one on pit-side. We haven't been there for eight years and fancy a change. The big TV will be out of sight, the start parades not as good, the pit lane not as viewable from your seat, but at night we can look down on the pits and get a different perspective.

My ideal 'stand is on a corner and we did this up at the Ford Chicane one year, but you miss the start, finish and stops. I love the actual driving bit most (i.e racing and corners), but at Le Mans you miss the experience, the atmosphere and the race story if you don't spend time soaking it up in the pits area. There is still plenty of time to wander the corners, note the differences in the cornering and here the engines close up.

All this chat has made me curse the fact that it is January.