View Single Post
Old 7 May 2018, 03:32 (Ref:3820508)   #66
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'll be waiting for the replay to show up on the IMSA channel online. That will also give me a chance to see what some people were commenting about regarding those dreaded three letters (BoP).

Yeah, it seems like maybe the Acuras and Mazdas have better handling. Mid Ohio lacks any ultra-low-speed corners that would allow the Cadillacs to really show off their torque. It also doesn't have an abundance of longs straightaways, which the Nissans generally seem to prefer.

I've been looking at some historical stuff again lately, so all the comments about different cars suiting different types of tracks had me thinking about the absurd, by modern standards, range of courses on the 1967 World Sportscar Championship slate. (Le Mans was only the 4th longest circuit on the schedule that year.)