Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4060132)   #120
kerb
Racer

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
The most recent design is very "2nd gear hairpin".

I like how your street circuit design has turned out. By any chance, would you consider removing the chicane from the kink in the backstretch? That would create another overtaking opportunity.

Track 63 would be a lot of fun to drive in anticlockwise direction, too.

Track 58 looks a lot like it might have been influenced by Magny-Cours.

Track 51 has got a cool shape but it's a little too angular for my taste. Maybe turning the kinks and hairpins into increasing or decreasing radius corners from the beginning of the 2nd time sector onwards would help with that.

Track 53 is an absolute beauty in terms of flow. It should be great for sportscars.

The kink on the backstretch of Track 57 (right edge of the drawing) has got a runoff problem.
Apart from that, I like this design a lot because its combination of fast and slow sections creates a situation where a compromise in setup is needed, and not just as far as downforce is concerned, but asymmetry as well.
thanks for your feedback mate, I'll try respond in order.

the most recent track will more likely suit bikes over cars, hence its shape

the street tracks back chicane could be tweaked to move the kerb so the straight could be an option, it was designed for the first gen FE cars (yeah, that's my backlog, think I've got track 100 done, not that I keep count)

track 63 could be done, would just need 3 more sand pits at T1, 4 and 14.

track 58, I never noticed that till you mentioned it. I was just extending the infield section.

track 51, yeah, I really only focused on the first sector, and just hashed the rest.

track 53 is probably one of my personal favourites too.

the kink on 57 looks tighter than its meant to be, its meant to be like the back straight at Pukekohe.

phew, that was a lot of typing, a lot more than I usually do.